Contact us at 843.236.2120 to interview with an admissions counselor and tour the training facility for our upcoming Dental Assistant training in Myrtle Beach, SC.
The duties of a dental assistant are among the most comprehensive and varied in the dental office. The dental assistant performs many tasks requiring both interpersonal and technical skills. This course is designed to give the student maximum “hands-on” training and experience in an actual practicing dental office.
- Introduction to dental assisting, role of the dental assistant, the dental team, characteristics of a professional dental assistant, law and ethics.
- Head anatomy, oral histology, tooth terminology and anatomy, SOAP, charting, classification of cavities.
- Office management, communication skills, scheduling appointments,chart components, chart documentation.
- HIPPA, chart documentation, insurance terminology, dental codes.
- OSHA,HIV, infection control
- Isolation, rubber dam placement, 4-handed dentistry, amalgam, composites, tub and tray systems.
- Preventive dentistry, sealants, oral hygiene, periodontal disease, oral prophylaxis, topical fluoride.
- Study models, impression taking, pouring, trimming, bite registration.
- CPR, crown and bridge, provisional crowns
- Oral surgery, Prosthodontics, Endodontics, Orthodontics
- Radiology safety and procedure, intraoral radiology, panorex
Contact us at 843.236.2120 to interview with an admissions counselor and tour the training facility.
REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR ENROLLMENT
1. State-issued Driver’s License, Military ID, or state-issued ID card
2. Copy of high school diploma or GED (must be able to verify)
3. Deposit to retain seat
4. E-mail address included on enrollment form