Dental Administrative Assisting (DAA)
The Dental Front Office Administration Program at Palmetto School of Career Development is designed to comprehensively train all aspects of Dental Front Office Administration. Course objectives are to develop strong communication and organizational skills, learn efficient problem solving, promote motivational team building, develop critical thinking abilities and work productively. This dental front office course focuses on providing you with the specialized administrative skills needed to keep a dental front office running smoothly. You can take advantage of our comprehensive dental administration training to pursue employment in dental offices in this ever growing field in nine short weeks. The student will receive clinical Dental Office Management skills including training in two industry leading dental software programs, Dentrix and Eaglesoft, patient record management, dental terminology and procedures, interpreting dental radiography and financial management from accounts receivable to insurance coding and billing.
Dental Administrative Assistants earn about a $35,330 annual salary on average, and job opportunities are estimated to grow at a 12% rate according to the United States Department of Labor.
- The Dental Profession -Orientation to the Dental Profession: Dental Basics, Dental Anatomy & Terminology
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills -Communication Skills and Telephone Techniques
- Records Management -Patient Clinical Records, Information Management
- Scheduling to Production/Collection Goals
- Recall Systems-Dental Patient Scheduling, Recall Systems
- Dental Insurance Processing
- Financial Management -Financial Arrangements and Collection Procedures, Bookkeeping Procedures: Accounts Receivable, Bookkeeping Procedures: Accounts Payable
- Office Equipment and Inventory
- Computers in the Dental Office – Study and usage of Eaglesoft 16 Dental Software Program