Q: How do I enroll?

A: You can enroll in-person by completing an Enrollment Agreement with one of our Career Advisors at a local campus. Call or make an appointment here. You can also register online here.

Q: What are the education requirements to take one of your courses?

A: All of our courses require that students have a high school diploma or GED.

Q: What do I need to enroll?

A: You will need to complete an Enrollment Agreement with a Career Advisor or online. In addition, students need a picture ID such as a Driver’s License or Passport, a Social Security Card or Birth Certificate, and proof of graduation from High School. This can be a diploma, transcript, or GED.

Q: Where are you located?

A: We currently have schools located in Charleston, Columbia, and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Q: Who teaches the class?

A: Our classes are taught by current and former industry professionals who are trained and experience in the profession they are training our students for.

Q: When are your classes offered? How long to they last?

A: We offer daytime, nighttime, and weekend classes.

Dental Assisting Chairside | Saturdays from 8 am to 5 pm for 18 weeks
Pharmacy Technician | Fridays from 6 pm to 9 pm for 12 weeks
Medical Administrative Assisting | Mondays and Thursdays from 6 pm to 9 pm for 8 weeks
Medical Billing and Coding | Tuesday and Thursdays from 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm for 12 weeks

A complete schedule of current and upcoming courses can be found here.

Q: What will I learn in class?

A: Check out our course pages for examples of what you will learn in class here:

Dental Assisting Chairside

Medical Administrative Assisting

Pharmacy Technician

Medical Billing and Coding

Q: Do you offer financial assistance?

A: We offer in-house financing plans that are flexible to your schedule. There are also several outside assistance programs available to those who qualify. Additionally, we have partnered with multiple student loan companies and offer Income Share Agreements (ISAs) to further assist our students in obtaining funds for their education. Please review all of the options on our Financial Assistance page.

Q: I want to use my VA Education Benefits to enroll, how do I get started?

A: Palmetto School of Career Development does have courses that student can use VA Education Benefits to attend. Please see our VA Education Benefits FAQ page for more information on this process.

Q: Do you assist students with finding jobs after graduation?

A: Yes, our Placement Coordinator and local Career Advisors will assist you with résumé writing, interview skills, and finding job openings even after you have graduated. Our goal is to place you in a new career and we will do everything we can to make that a reality. We have more information in the Jobs section of the website here.

Q: Are there any issues that would prevent me from getting a job after graduating?

A: This is completely up to the employer and educational institutions like Palmetto School of Career Development have no say in hiring decisions. All students should be eligible to work in the United States and check with local laws as to whether there are restrictions on the career you want to pursue for students with Green Cards and/or Visas. Students interested in the Pharmacy Technician course should be aware that most pharmacies will require a background check. Additionally, the South Carolina Board of Pharmacy may restrict your ability to register as a Pharmacy Technician based on your immigration status. Please contact us if you would like assistance or additional resources on this matter.

Q: Where do I buy my books?

A: You can purchase books through our online bookstore here or use the ISBN numbers listed in the bookstore to purchase books from a third-party retailer such as Amazon or textbooks.com. Pharmacy Technician books are included with the cost of the course.

Q: Do you have online classes?

A: Online courses are offered in partnership with ed2go. Their courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field, providing you with effective web-based learning programs. You can view the catalog here: https://palmettoschool.com/courses/online/

Q: Who regulates your school?

A: All of our schools and courses are approved and regulated by the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education.

Q: Do you accept Federal Student Loans, Pell Grants, or other Federal Student Aid?

A: Unfortunately, we do not accept Federal Student Aid at this time. In order to accept this type of aid, our courses would need to be at least 300 hours long and, as a result, more expensive than they currently are. At Palmetto School of Career Development, we have decided to focus on shorter, affordable classes so our students can begin working in their chosen career field sooner and leave our school with little to no debt.

Q: How are you different from a technical school or 2-year program?

A: Generally, Palmetto School of Career Development offers more condensed and less expensive courses than 2-year or 4-year schools. Our courses are fast-paced and designed to provide you with the essential knowledge and training you need to enter a new career field quickly. As a result, you are able to take the same certification exams and begin your new career much sooner and with little to no debt, in most cases.

Many larger institutions are also nationally or regionally accredited. Palmetto School of Career Development has chosen not to pursue these accreditations because it would require us to lengthen our courses and compromise our mission to train our students in the essential skills you need for a new profession in a time-efficient manner that does not burden you with excessive debt.